The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
ACRL MD Online Journal Club
Does your “need to read” pile spend most of the semester gathering dust? Brush away the cobwebs, and join ACRL MD for an online journal club to discuss articles from ACRL’s College & Research Libraries.
The first session will take place on Friday, September 21 from 11:30 am-12:30 pm, and will be moderated by ACRL MD President David Dahl. Mark your calendar now for additional discussions scheduled for
November 16 November 30, January 18, March 15 and May 17, all from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- Revelle, A., Messner, K., Shrimplin, A., & Hurst, S. (2012, September). Book Lovers, Technophiles, Pragmatists, and Printers: The Social and Demographic Structure of User Attitudes toward e-Books. College & Research Libraries, 73(5), 420-429.
- Kennedy, M. R. & Brancolini, K. R. (2012, September). Academic Librarian Research: A Survey of Attitudes, Involvement, and Perceived Capabilities. College & Research Libraries, 73(5), 431-448.
- Regazzi, J. J. (2012, September). Constrained? An Analysis of U.S. Academic Library Shifts in Spending, Staffing, and Utilization, 1998–2008. College & Research Libraries, 73(5), 449-468.
- Fischer, K. S., Wright, M., Clatanoff, K., Barton, H., & Shreeves, E. (2012, September). Give ’Em What They Want: A One-Year Study of Unmediated Patron-Driven Acquisition of e-Books. College & Research Libraries, 73(5), 469-492.
- Lewis, D. W. (2012, September). The Inevitability of Open Access. College & Research Libraries, 73(5), 493-506.
All articles are freely available via the ACRL website: http://crl.acrl.org/content/current. ACRL MD’s Online Discussion Series is free and open to all through WIMBA.
To join us, just access the WIMBA meeting room. The meeting room name is md_meetingMLA. While we strongly recommend that you have access to a microphone and speakers for these sessions, it is not required. If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! Questions? Contact David Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.