The Virginia Chapter of ACRL will be hosting their annual conference in October and has extended an invitation to the members of ACRL MD to attend.
The Virginia Chapter of ACRL invites you to attend this year’s VLA Annual Conference, where we will be sponsoring an entire track of programming specifically for those who work in academic libraries. We hope you can join us.
“Bringing the big picture to your campus”, October 21-22 in Portsmouth, Virginia.
Details and registration info at http://www.vla.org/demo/conference.html
• Implementing E-readers in an Academic Library: Collection Development, Access Services, and Technical Services Perspectives
• Understanding the Graduate Student Research Process: From Concept to Product
• Emerging Technologies, Multimedia Creation and Teaching: The Library as Bridgebuilder
• A Big Bang for a Small College: Digitization Initiatives
• Analyzing students’ bibliographies: Do students practice what we preach?
• If You Build It Will They Come: Designing and Implementing a Digital Media Lab
• Mapping the Culture: A Systemic Approach to Information Literacy Program Assessment
• Distance-Based Reference Services: an Essential Toolkit for Serving Remote Users
• Employee Perspectives on the Big Picture of Library/IT Collaboration
• Click Now: Integrating Clickers into Library Instruction.
• Literature, Community & Cooperation: The Big Read at Regent University
• The Art of Discovery: Federated Search Engines in the Science and Technology
• Planning Serendipitous Liaison Outreach
• Getting Personal: Reaching out to Adult Learners through a Course Management System (CMS).
For abstracts, see the Conference Program at http://www.vla.org/demo/conference.html
For more information, please contact Mark Lenker at email@example.com or Maryke Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org .