- RT @LibWardrobe: Bring out yer sweaters next week! twitter.com/MyPublicMedia/… 1 day ago
- RT @roswellencina: There's a petition for a Dr H @LibnOfCongress action figure. spotwin.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/we-… 3 days ago
- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Readings selected for August ACRL MD Journal Club
August 5, 2013Posted by on
Here are the articles we’ll be discussing online on Friday, August 16, from 11:30am-12:30pm. All articles are freely available via the ACRL website.
- Marisa L. Ramirez, Joan T. Dalton, Gail McMillan, Max Read, and Nancy H. Seamans’ “Do Open Access Electronic Theses and Dissertations Diminish Publishing Opportunities in the Social Sciences and Humanities? Findings from a 2011 Survey of Academic Publishers”
- Shevaun E. Watson, Cathy Rex, Jill Markgraf, Hans Kishel, Eric Jennings, and Kate Hinnant’s “Revising the “One-Shot” through Lesson Study: Collaborating with Writing Faculty to Rebuild a Library Instruction Session”
- Elizabeth Pickard and Firouzeh Logan “The Research Process and the Library: First-Generation College Seniors vs. Freshmen”
If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! All articles are freely available via the College & Research Libraries website. ACRL MD’s Online Discussion Series is free and open to all through the MLA Blackboard Collaborate Room (directions below).
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. Join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional but recommended). You will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.