We had so much fun learning from LIS students and new grads last year, and we want more! ACRL MD welcomes current LIS students and recent graduates to share what is happening now in the world of library science. Present a new idea, project or professional interest that excites you and could inspire your peers a bit farther removed from current graduate studies. In return for this generous peer sharing, presenters can build local connections, identify collaborators and bolster CV’s in a collegial online environment.
Who: YOU! Current students and new grads (18 mos. post graduation)
What: A low-key 10 minute presentation on a topic you are excited about
Possible topics could include:
- Discussing your research or a recent project
- Emerging LIS ideas that resonate with you
- New considerations for instruction, access or collection development
- Innovative IT for every user
- The awesome archives of tomorrow
- Your vision of the future of librarianship
-Truly, ANYTHING that has your attention is worth sharing!
When: During our virtual monthly meeting held the third Friday of each month at 11am EST
Why: Because you’re brilliant, that’s why!
How: Submit your interest and availability on this form.
We accept your ideas on a rolling basis all year long. Questions? email Bria Sinnott at firstname.lastname@example.org