- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, April 17, 2015
April 20, 2015Posted by on
ACRL MD Business Meeting, 4/17/15
Sara Arnold-Garza, Kimberly Miller, Sarah Burns Gilchrist, Mou Chakraborty, Claire Holmes, Gergana Kostova, Megan Browndorf, Pete Ramsey, Natalie Burclaff
- Elected new ACRL MD officers
- Claire Holmes (Vice President/President Elect) and Kimberly Miller (Secretary) elected to serve along with Natalie Burclaff (President) for the next year.
- MLA/DLA Conference updates
- Natalie plans to purchase auction basket items this weekend, donations to the basket are still welcome – let Natalie know ASAP if you plan to give
- Encourage your colleagues to attend the ACRL MD programs. So far the online program has low attendance numbers but many may not have recorded their intent at: http://lanyrd.com/2015/mladla15/may-07/on/acrlmd/
- Still looking for volunteers to be room moderators for the ACRL MD programs – if you are willing to hand out forms and introduce speakers contact Natalie. Natalie will send an update on what has been covered, what is still open.
- Planning is going well – conference seems to be outgrowing the space – 100+ attendees at some programs pushes the limits of the current space.
- The preconference signups are closed now due to very high registration. Daniel Ramirez of LDD is moderating, Gergana volunteered to back him up.
- Ideas/events for reviving instruction network
- Not much has been done with this lately
- If you have ideas, please share
- MILEX may be a good partner to do this with
- ACRL MD spring program updates
- Mid July likely at Loyola in Columbia, agenda based on THAT Camp/The Collective structure of voting ahead on topics
- Theme of collaboration, cooperation
- Activity breaks for movement
- Emphasis on all aspects of the library, not just R&I.
- A separate message will be sent to plan a meeting of the committee
- Next Business meeting – May 22 (29)
- No regular meeting scheduled for May, but conference wrap up would be nice
- Attendees agreed on the 22nd at 11 (regular time) for virtual brownbag
- Expand meeting time to an hour to accommodate the conversation
- ACRL 2015 “take-aways” (if time permits)
- “Takeaways” from ACRL 2015 and MLA/DLA 2015 will be discussed during an ACRL MD business meeting on May 22, 11-12.