- Public librarians in Philly, armed with compassion and Narcan, are literally saving lives. philly.com/philly/columni… 2 days ago
- Zara Wilkinson (seated at desk) gave a fab talk at our 2016 #critlib program. Zara spoke on labor issues & libraria… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- The ducklings are going to imprint on Carla Hayden and become widely admired, groundbreaking leaders in their respe… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Professional Development Programming
Upcoming ACRL MD Events
- ACRL MD Business Meetings: Third Friday of the month, 11:00am online in the MLA Blackboard collaborate room.
- Meeting dates: 8/19/16, 9/16/16, 10/21/16, 12/16/16, 1/20/17, 2/17/17, 3/17/17, 4/21/17, 5/19/17, 6/16/17.
- 2016-17 Online Journal Club Series: Discuss themes from the most recent issue of ACRL’s College & Research Libraries with other librarians from around the state. Discussions are held 11:30am-12:30pm in the MLA Blackboard collaborate room.
- Discussion dates: 10/21/16, 12/16/16, 2/17/17, 4/21/17, 6/16/17
- ACRL MD Fall Program in collaboration with MILEX: Considering #CritLib: Inclusion and Diversity in Libraries. Friday, 11/11/16
- Winter Social Hour: Bowling at Stoneleigh Lanes, date tba
- ACRL National Conference 2017 in Baltimore, MD (March 22-25)
- 2017 MLA/DLA Conference (May 9-12)
Past ACRL MD Events
- ACRL MD Summer Program, “The Best Idea I’ve Heard This Year: Improv-ing Professional Communication, ” July 21, 2016
- 2016 MLA/DLA Conference (May 4-6)
- ACRL Scholarly Roadshow, April 19, 2016
- Winter social hour – Family-friendly bowling at Stoneleigh Lanes, February 19, 2016
- 2015-2016 Online Journal Club Series
- ACRL MD Fall Program in collaboration with MILEX: “Your Student is My Student: Information Literacy and the Transfer Student.” Friday, 11/20/15
- ACRL MD Summer Program, “Have a field day: Engaging the mind and body for library staff and patrons,” July 28th 2015
- ACRL Webinar, “Weed it and Reap: Successful Strategies for Re-shaping Collections,” July 15th, 2015
- 2015 MLA/DLA Conference (May 6-8)
- ACRL MD Winter Happy Hour, January 15th, 2015
- ACRL MD Fall Program (co-hosted with MILEX) – “New Identities: Adapting the Academic Library,” November 14th, 2014
- 2014-15 Online Journal Club Series – discuss the most recent issue of ACRL’S College & Research Libraries with other librarians from around the state. Discussion dates are 6/20/14, 8/15/14, 10/17/14, 12/19/14, 2/20/15, 4/17/15. All discussions take place from 11:30-12:30 in the MLA BlackBoard Collaborate Room.
- ACRL MD’s 5th Annual Unconference, June 10, 2014
- 2014 MLA/DLA Conference (May 7-9, 2014)
- ACRL MD and LMD Winter Happy Hour (January 30, 2014 at Mahaffey’s in Canton, Baltimore City, MD)
- Library Secrets: Confessions of Falling Flat and How to Get Right Back Up (November 14, 2013 at Johns Hopkins-Homewood Campus)
- 2013-14 Online Journal Club Series – discuss the most recent issue of ACRL’S College & Research Libraries with other librarians from around the state. Discussion dates are 8/16/13, 10/18/13, 12/13/13, 2/21/14, 4/18/14. All discussions take place from 11:30-12:30 in the MLA BlackBoard Collaborate Room.
- ACRL MD’s 4th Annual Unconference – “Discovery, It’s What Patrons Crave” (July 24, 2013 at UMBC)
- 2013 MLA/DLA Conference (May 8-10, 2013)
- 2012-13 Online Journal Club Series (Discussion dates are 9/21/12, 11/30/12, 1/18/13, 3/15/13, 5/17/13. All discussions take place from 11:30-12:30 in the MLA Wimba Room)
- Stats Amazing! Research Methods and Statistics for the Busy Librarian (November 16, 2012 at Loyola University, Columbia Campus)
- ACRL MD’s 3rd Annual Unconference – “If You’ve Got It, Flaunt It: Making the Most of Our Collections in a Fragmented World” (June 1, 2012 at Stevenson University’s Greenspring Campus)
- Conference Wrap-up (online discussion, May 18, 2012)
- 2012 MLA/DLA Conference (May 9-11, 2012) [details]