March 16, 2018
Present: Mike Kiel, Robert Miller, Sara Arnold-Garza, Claire Holmes, Regina Rose, Danielle Whren Johnson, Barbara Cheadle, Natalie Burclaff, Alyse Minter, Jordan Sly
Update on June program planning
- National Gallery of Art in DC, June 14
- We have tour of the Cezanne exhibition at 10:30 am
- Tour of NGA library after lunch
- The tours are free; lunch is self-pay
- We will try to organize groups for lunch, based on where they want to eat
- Also we will try to facilitate travel groups, car pools
- We’ll start advertising soon
Mention of CRAB submission and chapter topic newsletter item
- We’ve submitted a brief article about our bowling event, with photos, for the upcoming Crab.
- Ideas for future articles are welcome. (Deadline for our next submission is June 5). Please contact Claire Holmes and Monique Clark
- Natalie and Mike also submitted an article about our bowling event to the ACRL Chapters Council website. ACRL Chapters will continue to solicit contributions. The site will be a resource for chapters to share ideas. In the future, we could contribute something about the journal club.
2017-2018 chapter allotment finalized at $297, including new member bonus. $231 spent on bowling – ideas for remainder?
- Possibly a “scholarship” for people to use for transportation money to attend our spring program
- Possibly some sort of small gifts for people who attend spring program
- Possibly use for MLA/DLA gift basket
Auction basket update from Regina
- There are various options to send gift cards to Regina, including sending her money via PayPal
- We need suggestions for raising funds for the basket; we need to advertise it more
- Even if we have a small basket, we need to contribute it. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be an actual basket.
- Regina and Sara will plan a communications schedule
- We haven’t had a lot of response or volunteers
- We need to consider how to proceed
- We would like to create a membership/outreach plan next year. That plan might involve a work group, or it might take some other form.
- Mike might need someone to be at the Human Libraries preconference workshop, if he can’t be, just to be present and hand out certificates of presentation at the end
Maryland Day Volunteers needed
- Saturday, April 28, at UMD College Park.
- Maryland Library Association (MLA), Citizens for Maryland Libraries (CML), and Maryland AskUsNow!
- Interested in volunteering with us? Please email email@example.com with the following:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your cell phone number
- Hours that you would like to be there (setup is 9:00-10:00 am; festival runs 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- April 20