ACRL MD Business Meeting
January 19, 2018
Attending: Sara Arnold-Garza, Claire Holmes, Robert Miller, Sean Hogan, Barbara Cheadle, Danielle Whren-Johnson, Mary Snyder
Winter Social scheduled for 2/16, 6:30-8:30, Stoneleigh Lanes
- We have lanes reserved for duckpin bowling
- We considered other locations/activities, but for various reasons, Stoneleigh remains the best choice
- More info and RSVP
Spring Program planning underway
- We are planning a tour of the National Gallery of Art library, in Washington, DC, as well as a tour of the museum galleries
- No specific date yet, but it will be late May or early June
- We’ll post more info as plans are finalized
MLA Conference housing is open
- We highly recommend that you book a room at the conference hotel now (it fills up fast)
- Conference registration itself opens Jan. 31
- MLA/DLA is May 2-4, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay hotel in Cambridge, MD
MLA organizers looking for AV equipment (mic, speaker) to borrow
- Please contact Mike Kiel if your organization can help.
December issue of the CRAB has a recap of Fall program. (Also HCC Fed Dep program)
- Next issue deadline is March.
- Please be in touch with Claire Holmes and Monique Clark if you want to write or have an idea.
- We’re very open-ended about article ideas: a program at your library, a recap of an event, etc., up to 500 words.
- A photo or other image is helpful and appealing.
MD Legislative Day 2/20
- You’re trained on talking points, and you meet with legislators or their aides.
- Watch for announcements from MLA
- ALA has a legislative day coming up, too.
- MLA wants to promote support and participation, to protect IMLS funding again.
Reminder that work groups are available as an option for participation
- Available groups:
- Mentoring/job shadow
- These are new groups that can determine their own scope and direction.
- Contact Sara Arnold-Garza if you are interested.
ACRL workshop “Assessment in Action” scheduled for 3/23, 8:30-4:00
- Loyola University of Maryland, Columbia Campus.
- ACRL MD members may volunteer to get access to a ticket if not affiliated w/CALD or USMAI libraries.
- Priority registration offered to librarians affiliated with any of those 3 groups
- More info
- Contact Sara if you have questions
ACRL 2019 (Cleveland) proposal deadlines
- May 4, 2018 deadline for:
- Contributed Paper, Panel, Preconference, Workshop
- October 12, 2018 deadline for:
- Poster, Roundtable, TechConnect, Webcast
- Register for the Proposal Tips Webcast, February 1 at 2:00 pm, to learn how to write a strong proposal
Next meeting – Friday 2/16