A great service opportunity passed on from David Dahl, MLA Professional Development Officer:
MLA’s Professional Development Panel (PDP) is currently recruiting new panelists for the 2017-2018 term (ending June 30, 2018). Read below for more information, and, if interested, contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief statement of how you meet the eligibility requirements listed below by Friday, July 21st.
PDP serves as the reviewing body for all MLA educational programs and supports MLA members in the planning of MLA programs.
- participate in reviewing proposed programs on an ad hoc basis throughout the year; almost all reviews are conducted entirely online through asynchronous discussions using Freedcamp
- serve as PDP liaison to an MLA division or other MLA units; liaisons participate in the unit’s program planning activities
- contribute to the development and execution of the panel’s annual work plan items
- assist as needed in completing bi-monthly unit reports and the panel’s annual report
- participate in meetings of the panel; meetings are held no more frequently than quarterly and are held online
- optional: participate in the Educational Grants Subcommittee that review grant applications semi-annually
Any member of the Maryland Library Association who has served in an appointed or elected office, as officer of a division, interest group, or member who has planned MLA programs or events is eligible to be a panelist. All voting members of the PDP must be current members of the Association. Membership is contingent on approval by the MLA Executive Board.
The panel is a great way to stay involved in MLA and make a significant difference in the professional development of the Maryland library community.
We are especially looking for panelists who could serve as liaisons to the Public Services Division and Technical Services Division.
I hope you’ll consider joining us! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.