The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes: April 21, 2017
April 21, 2017
Attending: Sara Arnold-Garza, Robert Miller, Katy Sullivan, Elizabeth Schlackman
ACRL-hosted reception in Baltimore, March 24, 2017
- 120 attendees
Webinar, Intro on Acquisitions: April 20 @ Goucher, 2pm
- One site was cancelled because of low number of sign-ups
- Goucher had 6 attendees, who had a good discussion
- Every year we should submit a member recruitment plan, to obtain the extra $10 per member.
- We need a streamlined process, however, because setting it up is a lot of work
MLA/DLA conference updates – Sara AG
Sara attended latest conference committee meeting
- 678 registrants so far, so the final number should at least equal last year’s conference
- Visit http://www.mladlacon.com/ for more info on the conference
- “Tailgating with MD Colleges” is the theme for our gift basket
- Our pre-conference, “Improving Communication Through Improv,” has 14 registrants so far
MLA Crab idea: ACRL-MD column? Annual summary?
- We can highlight academic library news more often
- Anyone who is interested in writing something for the summer issue will have the support of ACRL MD
Summer Program Ideas:
“Former & Current Leaders’ Summit:”
Lay the groundwork for the actual summer program: “Membership Forum”
- Informal gathering of as many previous officers as possible
- Take stock of current organizational context
- Goal to discuss and articulate consensus of ACRL-MD values & “wishes” for future
ACRL-MD Chapter Strategic Planning Meeting…
- date, time, location TBA (late summer?)
- Request an ACRL leader to facilitate? (technically past deadline but may be possible)
- Alternative facilitators?
- Other ideas?
- Need to submit PDP program approval form once we have more info
Fall meeting ideas, potential collaborators
- Contact Sara with any ideas you may have
- Martha Richardson, head of Delaware Valley Chapter in PA, would like to collaborate on a program. Perhaps we could do it if there are separate registration processes for one event, so finances aren’t shared
- One possible topic could be OER. We are looking for other ideas as well!
Journal Club – today, April 21
- May 19
- June 16 (plus journal club)