- RT @SteveHoffmanTV: Someone in the Platteville Library in Wisconsin has a great sense of humor... https://t.co/3SU7GTgR5B 6 hours ago
- Thank you, librarians, family, and friends for making our winter social bowling fest so much fun! 📚 🎳 #librariansbowl 3 days ago
- Whovian bowling! #librariansbowl https://t.co/D49mabIxq2 3 days ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
June Virtual Meeting & Journal Club
May 27, 2016Posted by on
Mark your calendars to join ACRL-MD on Friday, June 17th for a quick virtual business meeting at 11am, followed by our virtual journal club discussion at 11:30 am-12:30pm.
Even if you can’t read the articles ahead of time, please join us for a lively discussion!
Articles selected for the June 17th journal discussion are:
- “Investigating the Relationship of Library Usage to Student Outcomes” – John K. Stemmer and David M. Mahan
- “The Librarian Leading the Machine: A Reassessment of Library Instruction Methods” – Katie Greer, Amanda Nichols Hess, and Elizabeth W. Kraemer
- “Academic Reference and Instruction Librarians and Dweck’s Theories of Intelligence” – Amanda L. Folk
All articles are freely available online in the latest edition of College & Research Libraries. If you need to jump into the meeting a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! ACRL MD’s online discussion series is free and open to all.
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. Join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional but recommended). There has been an update to MLA’s Blackboard Collaborate which may require you to download a file. This is automatic when you click on the link to enter the virtual meeting room. If you do not have administrator privileges for your computer (cannot download software files), please contact your IT department. Here are the instructions with more details. You may contact BlackBoard Collaborate Technical Support if you have any problems – please let them know that your organization is “Maryland Libraries” – 1-877-382-2293.
When you join the meeting, you will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.
If you are new to using Blackboard Collaborate, you may find this Quick Start page helpful.