- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 1 week ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 1 week ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Reminder: Virtual business meeting and journal club today!
April 15, 2016Posted by on
Remember to join ACRL-MD this Friday, April 15th for a quick virtual business meeting at 11am, followed by our virtual journal club discussion at 11:30 am-12:30pm.
Even if you can’t read the articles ahead of time, please join us for a lively discussion!
Articles selected for the April discussion are:
- ”Assessment as Action Research: Bridging Academic Scholarship and Everyday Practice” – Kara J. Malenfant, Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, and Debra Gilchrist
- “Examining the Relationship between Faculty-Librarian Collaboration and First-Year Students’ Information Literacy Abilities” – Veronica Arellano Douglas and Celia E. Rabinowitz
- “Identifying and Articulating Library Connections to Student Success” – Lisa Massengale, Pattie Piotrowski, and Devin Savage
All articles are freely available online in the latest edition of College & Research Libraries. If you need to jump into the meeting a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! ACRL MD’s online discussion series is free and open to all.
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. Join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional but recommended). There has been an update to MLA’s Blackboard Collaborate which may require you to download a file. This is automatic when you click on the link to enter the virtual meeting room. If you do not have administrator privileges for your computer (cannot download software files), please contact your IT department. Here are the instructions with more details. You may contact BlackBoard Collaborate Technical Support if you have any problems – please let them know that your organization is “Maryland Libraries” – 1-877-382-2293.
When you join the meeting, you will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.
If you are new to using Blackboard Collaborate, you may find this Quick Start page helpful.