ACRL, Maryland Chapter

The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL

Business Meeting Minutes: April 15th, 2016

ACRL MD Business Meeting – April 15th, 2016

Attendees: Natalie Burclaff, Sara Arnold-Garza, Kimberly Miller, Claire Holmes, Jenny Innes

Webinars 

  • April 6th webinar hosted at Towson. 8 people attended, mostly Towson librarians. There was a discussion among a few participants based on material for the webinar – for example, how to organize guides by learning outcome. Natalie will find out if we can share the webinar recording with everyone
  • Claire will receive information for the May 18th webinar (to be hosted at UMBC) – Natalie will remind Clare that she may need to email them directly for a link if not already received

Unconference

  • No one has volunteered to take the lead on the summer unconference yet – Natalie talking to someone at UB who may be interested in joining MLA, but probably will not lead this particular program
  • “Best think you heard about this year” theme selected and – People can share what they’ve learned at conferences, webinars, etc.
  • Tentatively scheduled for late July. July 22nd suggested. Kim will check with Sarah Crest to see if MILEX has a summer meeting date in order to avoid scheduling conflicts
  • Natalie suggested trying to find an indoor/outdoor space that is free or low cost and has parking. Claire suggested Oregon Ridge might be a place to look into
  • Natalie will submit MLA paperwork with the theme and then we’ll go from there
  • There is a question about whether we can charge or how much we can charge for a program where there are no planned speakers

MLA/DLA Conference Updates

  • All 8 programs are on board
  • Claire is working out details of handouts, etc. MLA will print handouts, but most speakers will bring their own
  • Claire working on silent auction basket and still taking contributions
  • Natalie volunteered to help with session intros, etc.
  • There was some discussion about soliciting speaker bios – it is optional.
  • Claire to pick up speaker packets with checks, etc. to distribute to moderators

May 20th meeting is cancelled.

MLA/DLA conference wrap up meeting and on-boarding of new officers at June 17th meeting

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: