- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes: April 15th, 2016
April 15, 2016Posted by on
ACRL MD Business Meeting – April 15th, 2016
Attendees: Natalie Burclaff, Sara Arnold-Garza, Kimberly Miller, Claire Holmes, Jenny Innes
- April 6th webinar hosted at Towson. 8 people attended, mostly Towson librarians. There was a discussion among a few participants based on material for the webinar – for example, how to organize guides by learning outcome. Natalie will find out if we can share the webinar recording with everyone
- Claire will receive information for the May 18th webinar (to be hosted at UMBC) – Natalie will remind Clare that she may need to email them directly for a link if not already received
- No one has volunteered to take the lead on the summer unconference yet – Natalie talking to someone at UB who may be interested in joining MLA, but probably will not lead this particular program
- “Best think you heard about this year” theme selected and – People can share what they’ve learned at conferences, webinars, etc.
- Tentatively scheduled for late July. July 22nd suggested. Kim will check with Sarah Crest to see if MILEX has a summer meeting date in order to avoid scheduling conflicts
- Natalie suggested trying to find an indoor/outdoor space that is free or low cost and has parking. Claire suggested Oregon Ridge might be a place to look into
- Natalie will submit MLA paperwork with the theme and then we’ll go from there
- There is a question about whether we can charge or how much we can charge for a program where there are no planned speakers
MLA/DLA Conference Updates
- All 8 programs are on board
- Claire is working out details of handouts, etc. MLA will print handouts, but most speakers will bring their own
- Claire working on silent auction basket and still taking contributions
- Natalie volunteered to help with session intros, etc.
- There was some discussion about soliciting speaker bios – it is optional.
- Claire to pick up speaker packets with checks, etc. to distribute to moderators
May 20th meeting is cancelled.
MLA/DLA conference wrap up meeting and on-boarding of new officers at June 17th meeting