- RT @LibWardrobe: Bring out yer sweaters next week! twitter.com/MyPublicMedia/… 1 day ago
- RT @roswellencina: There's a petition for a Dr H @LibnOfCongress action figure. spotwin.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/we-… 3 days ago
- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, March 18, 2016
March 18, 2016Posted by on
In attendance: Natalie Burclaff, Danielle Whren Johnson, Sara Arnold-Garza, Alison Cody
- MLA/DLA conference
- registration – earlybird pricing extended to 4/1/16
- Kim scheduled all the session descriptions on the blog, scheduled to go out on Wednesdays
- MLA executive board meeting recap from Wednesday
- vote for ACRL MD officers!
- Sara Arnold-Garza running for President-Elect
- Secretary: Mike Keil (UB), Christine Ameduri (independent), Robert Miller (University of MD University College)
- Chris and Robert helped with conference review proposals and they were recruited through that!
- vote for ALA officers
- Sara Arnold-Garza, Lindsey Sarin, Joyce Garczynski and other MLA members are running for various ALA positions
- ACRL chapters council
- Danielle used to go but her term on the committee expired and she’s going to other meetings now.
- We should identify a rep from ACRL MD to attend the ALA
- ALA does not do a good job of representing state chapters. Lucy Holman is the ALA council member for Maryland, but she’s not required to be a member of MLA. ALA has approved an Advocacy Implementation Plan (http://www.ala.org/groups/sites/ala.org.groups/files/content/affiliates/chapters/chapterdocuments/Strategic%20Directions%20Advocacy%20Implementation%20Plan%205-15-15.pdf) which does not explicitly mention state associations.
- MLA has adopted the ALA Code of Conduct for conferences for ALL MLA events and meetings: http://alamw14.ala.org/statement-of-appropriate-conduct
- vote for ACRL MD officers!
- ACRL webinar
- We get two free webinars a year through ACRL. Their year is closing soon. Natalie set up a poll, most people chose one on April 6: Modern Pathfinders: Easy Techniques to Make Better Research Guides.
- Sessions on April 7 (Teaching at the intersections: Aligning scholarly communication and information literacy in the one-shot library instruction session) and May 18 (Accessibility in Action) were tied.
- We only get one login and need to identify an institution to host this.
- LNDL can probably host, but Danielle can’t be the point person for April 6, but will look into hosting on May 18.
- Natalie will put a call out to the ACRL MD list and see if anyone will host on April 6.
- Goucher has hosted one recently.
- ACRL Scholarly Roadshow workshop
- A certain number of seats were held for USMAI and MICUA librarians. Registration has now opened for others, it’s only $20. Natalie has been working on promoting this.
- We originally thought the roadshow could serve as the spring program, but Natalie thinks we should do something.
- Typically the ACRL MD Past President handles the unconference, but Gergana can’t plan it this year. Natalie is gone for most of May.
- We have about a month to figure this out if we want to do this in June and stay within the PDP guidelines for when we submit our paperwork.
- Alison and Sara can help, but neither of them can chair the committee. Natalie will approach the people running for Secretary to see if they want to be involved.
- What about something more information where people recap the roadshow and the MLA conference?
- Professional Development Roundup! “The best thing I saw this year”
*Special thanks to Alison for taking minutes!