The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, February 20, 2015
February 23, 2015Posted by on
ACRL MD Business Meeting, 2/20/2015
In Attendance: Sara Arnold-Garza, Gergana Kostova, Natalie Burclaff, Claire Holmes, Alison Cody, Kimberly Miller
- Annual Conference Updates
- All forms are in for Annual Conference
- All speakers confirmed, forms completed
- 9 amazing programs, Alison and Natalie have scheduled blog teasers
- Registration is live for the conference, Natalie will send email to those who have expressed interest in ACRL MD
- Schedule is a PDF and also on lanyrd.com, which can be used as mobile site, see speakers, opt in to attending programs
- Silent Auction update and discussion
- Still collecting donations to fund the ACRL MD silent auction basket, contact Natalie to contribute $5-10 or a new item related to the theme.
- Theme is related to space – space out, relaxing, concentration
- Basket can be large or small, all types of items
- Social event at the 2015 MLA/DLA
- Natalie will schedule Liquid Assets happy hour event, Wednesday, May 6, 7-9 pm following all-conference reception.
- We pay for appetizers, not alcohol.
- Steven Bell workshop updates
- $150 program for full day leadership discussion and lunch
- 2/25, 2 pm online discussion with Steven Bell. http://www.mdlib.org/content.asp?contentid=201
- Nominations for ACRL MD officers for 2016
- Natalie will move to President role
- 2 other officer nominees
- Vote for ACRL MD officers this spring
- Spring program planning
- Jo is leading this, already thinking about plans. She will join next meeting to discuss.
- Usually an unconference style gathering
- Will probably take place mid-June.
- ACRL in Portland may provide ideas, we could meet in Portland or after it, based on committee members schedule/availability. Sara will communicate this idea to Jo.