The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, January 16, 2015
January 20, 2015Posted by on
ACRL MD Business Meeting, 1/16/2015
In Attendance: Natalie Burclaff, Sara Arnold-Garza, Gergana Kostova, Sarah Espinosa, Pamela Flinton
- MLA/DLA Conference updates
- Basket theme ideas – likely lots of space themed baskets, so maybe try something a little off the path – spacing out (relaxation), or concentration (feeling too spaced out?).
- Conference registration live in late January/early February.
- Call for poster proposals with 2/28 deadline, will go out in coming days
- LDD/ACRL – MD webinar update
- LDD partner has taken lead on Preconference with Steven Bell and Corrine Hill
- Info and RSVP for 2/25 teaser webinar with Stephen Bell: http://www.mdlib.org/divisions/ldd/
- ACRL – MD Spring Program ideas
- Past President (Joanna Gadsby) will coordinate the Spring Program, happy to share chair role with another (per Gergana)
- committee members: Gergana, Sara AG, Sarah E., Pamela volunteered, others welcome
- Perhaps hold in late May or early June to avoid MLA conflicts.
- Format ideas? Unconference has been the past tradition.
- Opportunity to share from ACRL conference, especially those who presented
- Elections for 2015-2016 ACRL MD officers
- Secretary is encouraged to run for VP role, but can be competitive process if others are interested
- To run for office ACRL MD requires past participation in meetings and help planning at least one program, as well as be an MLA member and ACRL MD
- Current VP is President Elect
- Elections take place in April. Lynn Wheeler is MLA coordinator so Gergana will contact to get confirmation of nominations process
- MILEX planning a day long Framework program in Spring with guest from ACRL task force
- CALD annual meeting is on 4/10
- ACRL Portland hotel info shared by Gergana
- Suggestion for a post-ACRL conference happy hour