The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, December 19, 2014
December 22, 2014Posted by on
ACRL MD Business Meeting, 12/19/2014
In Attendance: Sara Arnold-Garza, Gina Calia-Lotz, Kimberly Miller, Gergana Kostova, Natalie Burclaff, Katy Sullivan, Joanna Gadsby
- ACRL MD/MILEX Fall Program Recap –
- Presentations and attendees from many areas of academic libraries, not just instruction, as we have had in the past.
- All 52 registrants attended. High number of attendees probably due to diversity of programming and the partnership with MILEX. This is a very fruitful partnership ACRLMD hopes to repeat
- Social media interaction was appreciated.
- All submitted presentations are posted to the blog.
- Comment for improvement: space was a little crowded for the number of people, and lighting was improved later in the day. Feedback was excellent from attendee forms overall.
- MLA/DLA 2015 Conference updates –
- Running smoothly, 9 presentations scheduled.
- Programs are online only (no print this year) and currently being finalized on Lanyrd.com.
- Pre-conference partnered with LDD with Steven Bell. Price is high at $150, separate from conference registrations. Will be marketed heavily, shooting for 30 registrants. It was suggested that NASA could help with sponsorship for the pre-conference, but this is not possible. Perhaps the recording can be reused for ACRL MD programming.
- Conference will use Twitter volunteers. If you plan to tweet, let Natalie know so she can pass your Twitter info on to coordinator.
- Natalie and Alison in the past have scheduled blog posts leading up to the conference in the past, she will check with Alison about it for this year.
- Natalie is collecting donations and theme ideas for an ACRL MD silent auction basket. Email email@example.com to let her know if you are willing to contribute $5-10.
- Happy hour event in January –
- Proposed date 1/16/2015. Maybe at the Ellicott City Brewery. This topic will be finalized via email. Ideas for a location can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stephen Bell webinar updates –
- Post with information will go up in January. Webinar will be free and he will be present for the first 15 minutes.
- Other business – reminder next meeting will be 1/16/2015