- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, October 17, 2014
October 21, 2014Posted by on
In attendance: Gergana Kostova, Natalie Burclaff, Joanna Gadsby, Sara Arnold-Garza, Kim Miller, Danielle Johnson, David Dahl
- Updates on Fall Program
- 24 registrants and have until 11/4 for additional
- Speakers and attendees will get email with parking
- Speaker is bringing equipment to demo
- Ending time is 3:15, must be done to allow breakdown
- Reminder about program will elicit new registrants
- Updates on MLA/DLA 2015 conference
- 1 Preconference – full day, partnered with LDD, topic is remarkable leadership/modern librarianship with Stephen Bell and Corinne Hill
- 20 proposals – 8 accepted, 9th is a cosponsored program. Many related to collaboration. Also several presenters are non-librarians.
- Use of Wiki to support process has been great and will help next year vice president.
- Descriptions will be finalized by 11/1
- No print program this year, all on Lanyrd site
- February will be a call for conference volunteers
- Conference committee likes the ACRL MD division’s form for program proposals
- Natalie proposed keeping info from proposals for future programs, since many that were not accepted could make good professional development for division.
- Updates on webinar with Stephen Bell
- Happening in February to promote the upcoming pre-conference
- Format would be a discussion of his blog topics, ideas.
- Stephen Bell interested in attending for Q&A