- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 3 days ago
- RT @HornbakeLibrary: Looking for primary sources about environmental issues in #Maryland? 🦀🏞️ 🌎🐢We have a guide to help you get started: ht… 3 days ago
- RT @acrl_dls: Don't forget to submit your Distance Library Services Conference paper presentation proposals by April 23! https://t.co/WT6oc… 3 days ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, October 17, 2014
October 21, 2014Posted by on
In attendance: Gergana Kostova, Natalie Burclaff, Joanna Gadsby, Sara Arnold-Garza, Kim Miller, Danielle Johnson, David Dahl
- Updates on Fall Program
- 24 registrants and have until 11/4 for additional
- Speakers and attendees will get email with parking
- Speaker is bringing equipment to demo
- Ending time is 3:15, must be done to allow breakdown
- Reminder about program will elicit new registrants
- Updates on MLA/DLA 2015 conference
- 1 Preconference – full day, partnered with LDD, topic is remarkable leadership/modern librarianship with Stephen Bell and Corinne Hill
- 20 proposals – 8 accepted, 9th is a cosponsored program. Many related to collaboration. Also several presenters are non-librarians.
- Use of Wiki to support process has been great and will help next year vice president.
- Descriptions will be finalized by 11/1
- No print program this year, all on Lanyrd site
- February will be a call for conference volunteers
- Conference committee likes the ACRL MD division’s form for program proposals
- Natalie proposed keeping info from proposals for future programs, since many that were not accepted could make good professional development for division.
- Updates on webinar with Stephen Bell
- Happening in February to promote the upcoming pre-conference
- Format would be a discussion of his blog topics, ideas.
- Stephen Bell interested in attending for Q&A