- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting Minutes, September 26, 2014
September 26, 2014Posted by on
Friday, Sept. 26th, 11 am.
Attendance: Alison Cody, Gergana Kostova, Joanna Gadsby, Kimberly Miller, Mary C. Wilson, Michael Shochet, Natalie Burclaff, Sara Arnold-Garza, Katy Sullivan, David Dahl
- Fall program updates:
- Program has been advertised on ACRLMD/MLA channels and we have asked Milex and UMaryland iSchool to distribute. Any other ideas for promoting event are welcome. MLA social media accounts – Natalie has access and will do so.
- Parking passes will be provided for attendees and speakers for garage behind building.
- 11 registrants as of 9/25
- lunch discussion activity: committee will finalize but ideas are welcomed for making this efficient and interactive. 5 tables: Theme topics? What are they already doing different from normal responsibilities? How do we branch out in our own roles? Program committee will take suggestions and finalize details.
- January-February event:
- social gathering or webinar, or both
- Leadership development division and ACRL MD collaborating on Steven Bell preconference, possibly February leadership webinars with additional in-person gathering. Articles: http://lj.libraryjournal.com/category/opinion/steven-bell/
- We will do a January happy hour event.
- MLA/DLA Annual Conference updates:
- Outerspace theme for collaboration with NASA
- Keynote speaker and other speakers being arranged currently
- Dance party at 8 pm on Wednesday following opening session and reception
- Maybe reschedule ACRL MD traditional happy hour, or pitch as part of lineup of activities
- No print conference program, only online through lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2015/mladla15/
- 20 ACRL MD submissions, committee meeting today to finalize selections
- Since no submissions related to new framework, maybe a spring program on this topic to help get information out, MILEX is maybe planning a spring program on this topic. Another idea is to invite a speaker on the topic if it is important enough and there is program space.
- Notifications will go out next week to confirm attendance before submitting to MLA
- Pre-conference speaker fee is quite high, but has been changed to a full day program and was approved by MLA, so seems more reasonable.
- Next journal club is happening 10/17. Article poll will be out soon.