- RT @LibWardrobe: Bring out yer sweaters next week! twitter.com/MyPublicMedia/… 1 day ago
- RT @roswellencina: There's a petition for a Dr H @LibnOfCongress action figure. spotwin.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/we-… 3 days ago
- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Readings Selected for February Journal Club
February 7, 2014Posted by on
Here are the articles from the January 2014 issue of College and Research Libraries that we’ll be discussing at ACRL MD’s online journal club on Friday, February 21, from 11:30am-12:30pm:
- Making a Case for Technology in Academia – Kathrin Dodds, Donell Callender, and Cynthia Henry
- Supporting Public Access to Research Results – P. Scott Lapinski, David Osterbur, Joshua Parker, and Alexa T. McCray
- Developing Humanities Collections in the Digital Age: Exploring Humanities Faculty Engagement with Electronic and Print Resources – Sarah Buck Kachaluba, Jessica Evans Brady, and Jessica Critten
Gergana Kostova will be moderating this journal club. If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! All articles are freely available via the College & Research Libraries website. ACRL MD’s Online Discussion Series is free and open to all through the MLA Blackboard Collaborate Room (directions below).
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. Join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional but recommended). You will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.