Minutes from the ACRL MD virtual meeting
October 11, 2013, 10:00-11:15am
Attendance: David D., Danielle J., Alison C., Helen C., Pam, Natalie B., Michael S., Sara A.G., Joanna G., Gergana G., Brenda B.
Chapters’ council update:
- Free webinar through ACRL – postponed, and the program surrounding that was cancelled
- Might reschedule it in the spring: Maybe do two in the spring? (Schedule: http://www.ala.org/acrl/webcasts). Might be able to use an archive version if we can’t fit it in their timeframe.
- Low registration numbers: Day? Topic? Picking a news webinar topic?
- Developing an orientation for new chapters leaders, but the ACRL staff member liaison to chapter members is the new person
Fall Program update:
- Registration is open for our Fall Program Library Secrets: Confessions of Falling Flat and How to Get Back Up
- One proposal submitted; please share the RFP with your institutions and submit your proposals!
- Contact Chris Holly to find out registration numbers
- Natalie will follow up with people that requested parking pass,
- Fill in the panel of people in supervisory positions – Natalie and Shannon will generate a list of questions and target supervisors to be on the panel
- Send the announcements to the ACRL national members in the area who are not MLA members
- 11 programs sponsored by ACRL MD: 2 web design and digital marketing; 1 pre-conference information literacy assessment; 8 programs peer-reviewed, including E-book program
- After the pre-approval forms are accepted people will be notified
- Sponsoring programs is something that might change with two different states
- Schedule: Opening keynote Wednesday evening, all-conference session, break for two hours 7-9pm (Dine-arounds Wednesday evening), then a social event (social media related?)
- Hold off on making an ACRL MD Happy Hour at Liquid Assets until the Dine-Arounds are discussed more; if we wait too long to decide, happy hour won’t be in the conference program
- November 8 is the deadline to include things in the program
- Natalie B. is running for Vie-President/President Elect
- Sara A.G. is running for secretary
- Need to have two people running for running for both organization
- Bylaws might require the president to also be a member of ACRL national