- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 3 days ago
- RT @HornbakeLibrary: Looking for primary sources about environmental issues in #Maryland? 🦀🏞️ 🌎🐢We have a guide to help you get started: ht… 3 days ago
- RT @acrl_dls: Don't forget to submit your Distance Library Services Conference paper presentation proposals by April 23! https://t.co/WT6oc… 3 days ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Readings selected for June ACRL MD Journal Club
June 3, 2013Posted by on
Here are the articles we’ll be discussing online on Friday, June 21, from 11:30am-12:30pm. All articles are freely available via the ACRL website.
- How Users Search the Library from a Single Search Box
- Trends in Image Use by Historians and the Implications for Librarians and Archivists
- Maternity and Paternity Policies Available to Academic Librarians
- A Survey of the Experiences of African Librarians in American Academic Libraries
Don’t worry if you don’t have a chance to read all four articles – we welcome your thoughts and opinions about any of the topics.
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. On Friday, June 21, join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional). You will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.
If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do!