- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
ACRL MD Online Journal Club: June edition
May 23, 2013Posted by on
As you’re gearing up for a nice Memorial Day weekend, take a moment and vote on the top three articles from College & Research Libraries you’d most like to discuss at the upcoming Online Journal Club Discussion on June 21: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WS3LSLR
Articles from the May 2013 issue:
- Cory Lown, Tito Sierra, and Josh Boyer. “How Users Search the Library from a Single Search Box.”
- Kun Huang and Diane Kelly. “The Daily Image Information Needs and Seeking Behavior of Chinese Undergraduate Students.”
- Ruth Sara Connell. “Maternity and Paternity Policies Available to Academic Librarians.”
- Valerie Harris and Peter Hepburn. “Trends in Image Use by Historians and the Implications for Librarians and Archivists.”
- Abiodun I. Ibraheem and Christopher Devine. “A Survey of the Experiences of African Librarians in American Academic Libraries.”
The Association of College and Research Libraries – Maryland hosts online journal club discussions multiple times a year. Our next date is Friday, June 21, from 11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. for an online discussion of articles from the May 2013 issue. If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! All articles are freely available via the College & Research Libraries website. ACRL MD’s Online Discussion Series is free and open to all through the MLA Blackboard Collaborate Room (directions below).
Mark your calendars
Upcoming Journal Club Discussion dates:
June 21, August 16, October 18, December 20, February 21, and April 18, all from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Blackboard Collaborate Directions
We’ll be on MLA’s online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. On Friday, June 21, join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need speakers, microphone optional). You will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup.