- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
MILEX Conference: April 19
April 8, 2013Posted by on
Registration is Open for the 2013 MILEX Conference: April 19th, 2013
Success in Information Literacy Instruction
Maryland Information Literacy Exchange Conference 2013
Friday, April 19, 2013, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Loyola University Maryland Graduate Center, 8890 McGaw Road, Columbia, MD
Join your colleagues at this year’s MILEX Conference to share successful strategies for teaching college-level information literacy concepts and skills, like
- developing meaningful research questions
- constructing effective search statements
- using controlled vocabulary successfully
- evaluating sources for reliability and relevancy
- using information ethically
Each presentation will be 15 to 30 minutes long and will demonstrate a successful lesson plan or learning activity.
Registration fees (light breakfast and hot lunch included):
MILEX member $35
Membership + registration $60
To register, visit the Conference Page on the MILEX website: http://www.milexmd.org/conference13.html
The Maryland Information Literacy Exchange (MILEX) is a collaborative of Maryland academic librarians to promote information literacy in higher education.