- RT @LibWardrobe: Bring out yer sweaters next week! twitter.com/MyPublicMedia/… 1 day ago
- RT @roswellencina: There's a petition for a Dr H @LibnOfCongress action figure. spotwin.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/we-… 3 days ago
- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Readings selected for January Journal Club!
January 11, 2013Posted by on
In case you want to start reading the latest edition of College and Research Libraries this weekend, below are the three articles we’ll be discussing on Friday, January 18, 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Russell A. Hall’s “Beyond the Job Ad: Employers and Library Instruction”
- Alain R. Lamothe’s “Factors Influencing the Usage of an Electronic Book Collection: Size of the E-book Collection, the Student Population, and the Faculty Population”
- Karen C. Kohn’s “Usage-Based Collection Evaluation with a Curricular Focus”
Don’t worry if you haven’t had a chance to read all three articles – we welcome your thoughts and opinions about any of the topics. Joanna Gadsby will be moderating the journal club discussion, so please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments before the discussion.
We’re still learning MLA’s new online meeting software, Blackboard Collaborate. This Friday, join our discussion online at: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2012176&password=M.EFF327145BA70AF1D6C64C108FC41A (you’ll need a microphone and speakers). You will be prompted to enter your name. Once you are in the meeting room, you can test your speakers and microphone. In the “Audio & Video” pod, there is an icon showing a blue microphone with a red settings gear – simply click on that and Blackboard will walk you through the setup. If you prefer to call in, please use the following information:
US Long Distance: 530-881-1212
Meeting ID: 262-079-526