- RT @LibWardrobe: Bring out yer sweaters next week! twitter.com/MyPublicMedia/… 1 day ago
- RT @roswellencina: There's a petition for a Dr H @LibnOfCongress action figure. spotwin.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/we-… 3 days ago
- Adopt a Dracula! twitter.com/SILibraries/st… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
ACRL MD Online Journal Club: November edition
November 12, 2012Posted by on
Is your “need to read” pile buried somewhere on your desk? Start digging and join Natalie Burclaff on Friday, November 30th from 11:30am-12:30pm for an online discussion of articles from the November 2012 issue of ACRL’s College & Research Libraries. All articles are freely available via the ACRL website: http://crl.acrl.org/content/current. ACRL MD’s Online Discussion Series is free and open to all through WIMBA (directions below).
Choose the articles that you are most interested in discussing by voting in our poll: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W37QHBX (poll closes Monday Nov. 19 at 11:59:59pm). We’ll discuss the top three articles with the most votes. This issue’s articles include:
- Jantz, R. C. (2012, November). A framework for studying organizational innovation in research libraries. College & Research Libraries, 73(6), 525-541 .
- Robert Detmering, R. & Sproles, C. (2012, November). Forget the desk job: Current roles and responsibilities in entry-level reference job advertisements. College & Research Libraries, 73(6), 543-555.
- Samuelson, T., Sare, L., & Coker, C. (2012, November). Unusual suspects: The case of insider theft in research libraries and special collections. College & Research Libraries, 73(6), 556-568.
- Kellsey, C. & Knievel, J. (2012, November). Overlap between humanities faculty citation and library monograph collections, 2004–2009. College & Research Libraries, 73(6), 569-583.
- Antell, K. (2012, November). The citation landscape of scholarly literature in LGBT studies: A snapshot for subject librarians. College & Research Libraries, 73(6), 584-602.
To join us, just access the WIMBA meeting room: http://mdlib.wimba.com/launcher.cgi?room=md_meetingMLA. The meeting room name is md_meetingMLA. While we strongly recommend that you have access to a microphone and speakers for these sessions, it is not required. If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! Questions? Contact Natalie at email@example.com.