- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Now Accepting Nominations for ACRL MD Vice President/President-elect
October 3, 2012Posted by on
It’s time to make your mark on Maryland’s academic library community! Nominations are now being accepted for the role of ACRL MD Vice President/President-elect for the 2013-2014 academic year. This is a two-year commitment, serving as Vice President during the first year and President during the second year. ACRL MD is exploring a lot of new initiatives, and this is a great opportunity to provide direction and leadership to the division.
Responsibilities of the Vice President
• Serving as the ACRL MD representative on the MLA Conference Committee, including coordinating ACRL MD’s call for proposals and proposal review
• Attending all ACRL MD planning meetings
• Assisting with other program planning and initiatives
• Contributing original content to the ACRL MD blog (acrlmd.wordpress.com)
Candidates must attend at least 1 planning meeting during the year leading up to their nomination and participate in the planning of an ACRL MD program or other event prior to the start of their term. Significant contributions to other aspects of MLA will be considered in place of the other requirements. During their term as Vice President and President, individuals holding these offices must be registered MLA members.
If you’re interested, email Simmona Simmons (email@example.com) before November 1st.