Don’t forget that tomorrow, Friday, September 21, is our first online Journal Club Discussion of the 2012-2013 academic year. The discussion will take place from 11:30am-12:30pm and will be moderated by ACRL MD President David Dahl. The discussion is open to all and will take place in MLA’s WIMBA meeting room (instructions below).
Based on the results of the voting, we’ll be discussing the articles from the September issue of College & Research Libraries in the following order:
1. Academic Librarian Research: A Survey of Attitudes, Involvement, and Perceived Capabilities
2. Book Lovers, Technophiles, Pragmatists, and Printers: The Social and Demographic Structure of User Attitudes toward e-Books
3. Give ’Em What They Want: A One-Year Study of Unmediated Patron-Driven Acquisition of e-Books
4. Constrained? An Analysis of U.S. Academic Library Shifts in Spending, Staffing, and Utilization, 1998–2008
5. The Inevitability of Open Access
We’ll do our best to discuss them all, but don’t worry if you don’t have time to read them all – please join us anyway!
Mark your calendar now for additional discussions scheduled for November 30, January 18, March 15 and May 17, all from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm.
To join us, just access the WIMBA meeting room. The meeting room name is md_meetingMLA. While we strongly recommend that you have access to a microphone and speakers for these sessions, it is not required. If you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! Questions? Contact David Dahl at email@example.com.