- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 5 days ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 6 days ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
Business Meeting: August 29th at UMBC’s Albin O. Kuhn Library
August 13, 2012Posted by on
ACRL MD will hold its next business meeting on Wednesday, August 29th in Room 259 of UMBC’s Albin O. Kuhn Library from 1-3 PM.
Directions to the library can be found at http://aok.lib.umbc.edu/directions/. Please send your name and mailing address to Joanna Gadsby at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free parking pass no later than one week prior to the meeting date.
Agenda items will include:
- Fall Program planning progress report and discussion
- MLA/DLA Conference Updates
- Online journal club progress report
- In-person meetups progress report
- Instructor-Observer network progress report
- Overview and discussion of social media strategy
We will also allow time for attendees to share significant projects and initiatives at their libraries that are underway or being planned.
If you would like to have an item added to the agenda, please contact David Dahl (email@example.com).
To cater to those who may not be able to attend in person, ACRL MD offers the option to participate in the meeting virtually via the Wimba platform. The Wimba meeting URL is http://mdlib.wimba.com/launcher.cgi?room=md_meetingMLA. After clicking the link, enter md_meetingMLA as the Room ID and type your name in the Name field. You will need speakers or headphones connected to your computer for audio. A microphone is strongly recommended for full participation, but Wimba also provides a chat feature that will be monitored.