Don’t forget! Friday, April 20 is our second session in this semester’s online discussion series. Join us from 12:30-1:30pm in MLA’s WIMBA meeting room. (Scroll down for instructions.)
Professional Literature Discussion
Join David Dahl in a discussion of articles from the March 2012 issue of ACRL’s College & Research Libraries. Articles include:
- Leeder, C., Markey, K., & Yakel, E. (2012, March). A Faceted Taxonomy for Rating Student Bibliographies in an Online Information Literacy Game. College & Research Libraries, 73(2), 115-133.
- Xia, J. (2012, March). Positioning Open Access Journals in a LIS Journal Ranking. College & Research Libraries, 73(2), 134-145.
- Schrader, A.M., Shire, A., & Williamson, V. (2012, March). Assessment of the Research Learning Needs of University of Saskatchewan Librarians: A Case Study. College & Research Libraries, 73(2), 147-163.
- Manning, M. & Silva, J. (2012, March). Dual Archivist/Librarians: Balancing the Benefits and Challenges of Diverse Responsibilities. College & Research Libraries, 73(2), 164-181.
- Nariani, R. & Fernandez, L. (2012, March). Open Access Publishing: What Authors Want. College & Research Libraries, 73(2), 182-195.
All articles are freely available via the ACRL website: http://crl.acrl.org/content/current.
Don’t forget! We’ve got one more session in May! All of the sessions are completely free, and you do not need to be a member of ACRL or MLA to attend.
May 18 – Conference Recap – Come talk with your colleagues about what happened at the 2012 MLA/DLA Joint Conference. Find out what you missed because you were in another session! Time permitting, we’ll also share tips and ideas for conference attendance, from packing your suitcase to managing your time while you’re there.
To join us, just access the WIMBA meeting room. The meeting room name is md_meetingMLA While we recommend that you have access to a microphone and speakers for these sessions, it is not required. You do not need to attend all three sessions, and if you need to jump in a little late or leave early (or eat lunch), please do! Questions? Please contact Alison Cody at firstname.lastname@example.org.