With about a month to go until our fall program, “The Future is Tomorrow,” we are pleased to announce our panelists:
- Lucy Holman (moderator), President of the Maryland Library Association and Director, Langsdale Library, University of Baltimore
- Gina Calia-Lotz, Instructional Services Librarian, Harford Community College Library
- Ted Kruse, Associate Director for Technical Services, Langsdale Library, University of Baltimore
- Barb Mann, Assistant Director for Public Services, Information and Library Services, University of Maryland University College
- Amanda Youngbar, Library Associate for Learning Commons, Towson University, and a distance-education student in the Library & Information Science program at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Julie Zamostny, Staff Development Coordinator, Western Maryland Regional Library
The program will also feature a presentation by Steven Bell entitled “Tomorrow is What We Make It: Designing Our Preferred Future.” Bell is the Vice President/President Elect of ACRL and Associate University Librarian for Research & Instruction at Temple University.
Date: Friday, October 14, 2011
Time: 9am – 3:30pm
Location: Loyola University Graduate Center, Columbia, MD (view map)
This program has been approved for 4 contact hours. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. When registering, please indicate your sandwich choice: Tuna Salad, Ham & Swiss, Turkey & Provolone, Grilled Veggie Sandwiches. Registration and breakfast will open at 9am; the program will begin at 10am.
Registration: MLA Members, $60; Non-members, $90; Students, $51. Register at: https://www.mdlib.org/happenings/register.asp