- ". . . I began to turn to the open stacks of the @NewarkLibrary to enlarge my sense of where I lived." Philip Roth @NewYorker June 5 & 12 1 week ago
- RT @gabbypatty8: My dad took night classes to learn English and wrote this as an assignment. 17 years later, I got my Masters. I did it, pa… 1 week ago
- RT @ProBookNerds: New podcast w/ @kylecassidy, author of This is What a #Librarian Looks Like. A perfect start to #alaac17 week! https://t… 1 week ago
The official blog of the Maryland Chapter of ACRL
ARLD Meeting Minutes 10/10/2008
October 24, 2008Posted by on
ARLD Meeting Minutes
October 10, 2008
Loyola Notre Dame Library
Attendees: Danielle Whren, Michael Shochet, Patty MacDonald, Nancy Nyland, Sharon Morris, Lee Wisel, David Dahl, Shana Gass, Ada Woods, Carole Lever, Lucy Holman, Barbara Snead
Recap of Fall Program
Fall program went well. Most of the evaluations were good. Got a good mix of librarians from various types of libraries.
Review of Conference Programs
6 proposals have been submitted to MLA.
- Susan Strasser from University of Delaware program on What Faculty Want. Scheduled for Friday morning. May still be dependent on money.
- Pre-conference program on storytelling led by a member of Speak Easy DC. Will focus on how to tell your library story.
- Shana Gass (Towson University), Ray O’Keefe Cruitt (Enoch Pratt Free Library), and Mandy Hackley (Salisbury University) will present an introduction to business reference-“Business Resources for the Literature Lover”.
- Lucy Holman will give a presentation on her dissertation research regarding the research habits of millenials.
- The Chesapeake Project to save Maryland state government electronic documents.
- David Dahl (Towson University) will present on the Towson University Library blog for staff development. It is contributed to by the 3 Emerging Tech Librarians. Starting as an internal project and hoping to expand it to other libraries.
- Final speaker agreements must be submitted by the end of November because of publication of conference program.
NYC Bus Trip-November 14
- Morning program at Museum of Modern Art Library (admission to library included in tour, but not the museum itself)- 1.5 hours
- 2 free hours for lunch, etc.
- Afternoon program at Paley Center for the Media. We have a choice of several areas of focus. Some of the more interesting ones include advertising, breaking the news, great moments in TV viewing, and classic world interviews.
- Then 4 hours free time in the city leaving at 6 pm to return to Baltimore at approx. 9:30 pm.
- Deadline for sign-up is October 31
- Will be worth 3 CEU’s.
- Developing a Library Marketing Plan.
- Possible date Friday, April 17 or April 24
- Danielle will contact Loyola’s Columbia campus to see about holding the program there.
Presentation by Lucy Holman on Wikipedia
Next meeting in February 2009. Exact date TBA.